Reservations and Payment Policies
WCF Special Events
Policies and Procedures
Reservations are taken up to five years in advance. For reservations, contact Alexis
773.486.7416 or email@example.com. Alexis reviews a checklist of questions with you to identify your key event objectives and schedule a site visit to walk through the venue and discuss the event in more detail.
50% deposit (non-refundable) due to secure space
Outstanding balance (non-refundable) due 30 days prior to event
Final guest count is due 10 days prior to the event. If the final guest count is less than the contracted guest count, a credit equal to the amount of the per-person good costs will be given, up to a 20% guest count reduction. If a final guest count is not provided at least 10 days prior to the event, the contracted guest count will be used and no credit will be given. If the event is cancelled for any reason, refunds will not be given and any outstanding balance will be due immediately. A 3% convenience fee will be added for all credit card payments.
- Windy City Fieldhouse is a smoke-free building. Smoking is not permitted on property.
- Certificates of Insurance must be on file from the client, their vendors and the vendor’s
agents. Windy City Fieldhouse must be added as additional insured to all certificates of
- The client or event sponsor assumes full responsibility and liability for the conduct of
the persons attending the event and vendors not hired by Windy City Fieldhouse.
- The client or event sponsor is responsible for any damages to Windy City Fieldhouse and
- All costs associated with an event will be the responsibility of the client or the
- For the safety of the guests and the building, clients, vendors and event sponsors
are required to follow all fire and safety regulations at all times. Emergency exits and
signs may not be blocked or obscured in any way.
- Any caterer not recommended by Windy City Fieldhouse must provide a $1,000
security deposit. The security deposit will be refunded no later than fourteen (14) days after
the event, provided all clean-up obligations were met.
- A layout of catering specifications must be provided to Windy City Fieldhouse 2 weeks prior to
- The caterer is responsible for providing all personnel and materials required for the
preparation and clean-up of food, beverages and trash removal.
- The caterer is responsible for the set-up and breakdown of the kitchen prep area and
the food and beverage service areas. The caterer is responsible for all set-up and
- The caterer, with prior permission, may use personal equipment, such as warming
ovens, electric ovens and sterno warmers. Any special power requirements must be
identified by the caterer and must be approved by Windy City Fieldhouse.
- All alcoholic beverages must be provided by the caterer or the client.
- If alcohol is served, a DRAM SHOP certificate, Liquor License and $1,000,000
Liability Insurance Policy must be provided to Windy City Fieldhouse.
- After clean-up, the caterer must complete a walk-through with a Windy City
Fieldhouse manager to receive approval of all areas used. Caterers must comply with
Windy City Fieldhouse clean-up requirements to ensure full refund of the security deposit.
- If the caterer does not have the sign-off notice from a Windy City Fieldhouse representative, a convenience fee will automatically be charged.
- Windy City Fieldhouse can arrange for decorations, floral arrangements and linen rental
for your event. If you should decide to handle these arrangements, all vendors must be
approved by Windy City Fieldhouse.
- Vendors and/or clients must provide specific details to a Windy City Fieldhouse manager
on all decorations used within or around the facility.
- Confetti Fee: $250 (A fee of $250 is charged to client if confetti will be used during event)
- Special requirements must be approved by a Windy City Fieldhouse manager.
- All decorations must comply with the Chicago Fire Code and safety regulations.
- To help prevent damage to the walls, no drilling or hammering to the walls is permitted.
- If decorations need to be hung from the walls, methods for attaching the decorations must
be approved by a Windy City Fieldhouse manager.
- Vendors and/or clients must provide the position, size and weight of all decorations
hung from ceiling trusses.
- All decorations, linens, and flowers MUST be removed from the building immediately following the event unless other arrangements have been approved by a Windy City Fieldhouse manager. Any equipment left after an event will result in a minimum $500 per day storage fee.
Audio/Visual and Lighting Specifications
- A $1,000 security deposit, to cover damage, is required for all A/V or lighting
vendors. The security deposit will be returned fourteen (14) days after the event,
provided no damage was incurred to the facility.
- Clients, vendors and/or event sponsors must provide Windy City Fieldhouse with a schematic
which details the position, size and weight of each piece of A/V or lighting equipment that is to
be hung or used in the building structure 30 days prior to the event.
- All A/V and lighting equipment must be approved by a Windy City Fieldhouse manager.
- All lighting must comply with the Chicago Fire Code and safety regulations.
- All A/V and lighting equipment MUST be removed from the building immediately following the
event unless other arrangements have been approved by a Windy City Fieldhouse manager.
- A diagram of all proposed power requirements must be submitted to Windy City
Fieldhouse four (4) weeks prior to the event.
- Special electrical requirements must be determined by the client and/or vendor and
approved by Windy City Fieldhouse three (3) weeks prior to the event. An additional
charge may be required depending upon power usage and labor needed for an
- Any additional power requirements must be ordered through vendors approved by Windy
City Fieldhouse. All costs associated with additional power requirements are the
responsibility of the vendor.
- All electrical equipment MUST be removed from the building immediately following the event unless other arrangements have been approved by a Windy City Fieldhouse manager.
Fork Lifts and Motorized Equipment
- Motorized equipment must be approved by a Windy City Fieldhouse manager. Lifts and
pallet jacks are permitted (Boom lifts are not allowed). Lifts and pallet jacks must
have their wheels taped.
- Motorized equipment is not permitted on any carpeted surfaces.
- Windy City Fieldhouse’s parking lot can accommodate up to 200 cars.
- If over 200 cars are expected, the client or event sponsor is required to have a valet
service provided by the preferred Windy City Fieldhouse valet service (VIP Valet
Services). Any other valet services must be approved by a Windy City Fieldhouse manager.
- Prior to the event, a Windy City Fieldhouse manager will designate specific parking areas
for all vendor trucks, employee vehicles, and/or client vehicles.
- Windy City Fieldhouse has two loading areas, one loading dock and one overhead door.
The loading dock is located on the south end of the building. The overhead door is
located on the northeast side of the building. Windy City Fieldhouse will
determine which loading area will be used for each vendor.
- 2 weeks prior to the event, the client and all vendors must provide Windy City
Fieldhouse with the amount of time needed to unload all equipment.
- 10 days prior to the event Windy City Fieldhouse will provide the client and all vendors
a load-in schedule for the event.
- All deliveries must occur during scheduled load-in time. Additional time may be
provided for an additional fee.
- 5 days prior to the event, the client and all vendors will be given a schedule to load-out
- Any vendor not completely ready to load-out will not be allowed to use the dock door at
their designated time. The vendor must get approval from a Windy City
Fieldhouse manager for the next available load-out time.
- A sign out sheet for each vendor must be completed before the vendor can load-out. The sign out sheet includes the following: all equipment is removed from the facility, the area is clean, all trash is disposed of properly, and no damage is done to the facility or outside area.